Web Tools Developer
We’re looking for a creative, independent software developer who’s comfortable with ASP/MVC web development. We have a range of web-based tools that we use for our own internal product development which need developing and integrating into a single platform. As well as the internal tools, we have a web-based data browser for commercial use which is currently in its ‘alpha’ stage and is in need of a steady hand to guide it to market readiness.
In addition to the web-tools this role will include some maintenance and development of our recommendations service developed with IBM Watson. This may include leading hackathons and attending client meetings, so a positive attitude and a good poker face will go a long way!
An understanding of music is good to have! Many of the challenges lie in the best way to present complex music data while keeping the screen clean and easy to understand. We often work with designers for the final touches, but having an eye for the ergonomics of user interfaces is important.
The coding is largely independent though you’ll be working with the end points of both our own and partner APIs, so some shared development practices are important. The role is largely focused on product development and operations so you will often be working closely with the product and data management team in design-driven development projects. There are a lot of spinning plates with this role so flexibility, organisation and a passion for the domain go a long way!
Skills & requirements
• .NET C# programming
• Knowledge of the MVC framework
• Experience using APIs
• Acquaintance with project and design methodology
Good to have:
• Knowledge of CSS
• Strong interest in music
We are looking to hire a Product Manager for our core Data Product, which supports all Quantone APIs. The role would be suitable for entrepreneurial people to help innovate and execute data product initiatives together with the Quantone team. This position is full time and based at our London office on Brick Lane.
• create and manage the strategies, roadmap and backlog for our core data product
• manage delivery workflow, from understanding client requirements to data cleansing, preparation and integration
• manage data-related initiatives, working closely with software engineers, researchers, content editors, as well as a number of key stakeholders in other departments. Data initiatives include:
– identifying data gaps and data sources;
– improving the internal content management system
– creating data reporting tools
– developing tools for prioritizing research
• identify new data partnerships and data acquisition sources beneficial for the Quantone products
• manage a remote team of music researchers carrying out data improvement work
• produce and present work documents: client presentations, RFPs, service proposals
• determine pricing models, schedules and resource allocation for client data deliveries
• understand trends and needs of the entertainment and media industries, and drive our data solutions accordingly
• 2+ years experience working in software or data product management
• excellent attention to detail
• good communication and presentation skills
• a sound knowledge of the digital content landscape
• experience working in cross-functional teams
• an understanding of data formats and data architecture
• knowledge of data manipulation tools (such as SQL) is highly beneficial